I had to come up with a list of career aspirations for a yearly review and I thought it was a great exercise to periodically contemplate one’s values and aspirations as a way of reflecting one’s own progress. I thought that perhaps it is worthy of being shared with the world. I will try to come back and update it once in a while
Where would you like to be in 1 year, 3 years, 5 years?
In 1 year I would like to be in a position where I can:
- Spend a lot of time researching and learning latest trends and web technologies.
- Apply my creative abilities as much or more as my analytical and software development ones.
- Use and as many of my skills as possible.
- Help to build modern, user-centered, user-friendly, accessible websites that effectively fulfill their goals.
- Improve my skills and make my self more valuable and beneficial to my team, department and company.
- Use my experience and resources to find innovative and creative solutions to business problems.
- Attend events where I am exposed to people in my and related industries who are so I can learn from them and hear amazing ideas which inspire me.
- Learn and evaluate new technologies and find their applications to improve business and online presence.
- Stay agile and flexible and have fun.
- Help Foster collaboration between teams and team members
- Contribute to improvement of the the internal processes and integration with external systems to improve the efficiency
- Innovate, experiment and occasionally fail.
- Learn and not be perturbed by failures.
- Have great mentors.
In 3 years I would like to be in a position where I:
- Work with an awesome team of creative, innovative professionals passionate about what they do
- Travel more and learn other cultures and how they affect business practices and use of technologies.
- Research. Learn. Innovate. Experiment.
- Continue improving my skills and expanding my skill-set and area of expertise by finding connections and relationships between different fields.
- Work on exciting projects locally and globally.
- Work on and contribute to open-source projects that are useful to others outside the company
- Teach and mentor others in any way I can.
In 5 Years I want to:
- Work on exciting projects with amazing people.
- Learn a lot every day.
- Use other languages.
- Teach and mentor others on their path so they can learn from my mistakes.
- Love and be passionate about my job while maintaining sustainable life/work balance.
- Do what I love and love what I do.
- Be great asset to any team or company.
- Work at a place where I love my job and want to give it more than what is required of me.